facebook
Twitter
Feedback

Forums

Building.co.uk Forum The UK's leading construction site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stakeholder Mapping engagement and dialogue
05-12-2008, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2008 12:56 AM by TerrificTrevor.)
Stakeholder Mapping engagement and dialogue
Can anyone give me an explanation of this term. I have not got a "scooby Doo" about its meaning. If you can provide a definition then please also explain how it can possibly relate to construction ??

And Rackman please do not ruin this thread by adding pics of you know who!

Serious responses please
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2008, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2008 02:34 AM by Rackman.)
RE: Stakeholder Mapping engagement and dialogue
Oh this is a child's play, let me expain

A key concept of sustainable business practice is transparency to stakeholders, which by definition requires an understanding of who they are and how to communicate effectively with them. Much of current best practice relates to stakeholder understanding and engagement from strategy to reporting.On a more basic level, it is the relationships and interactions between stakeholders such as customers, consumers, employees, suppliers and investors that create value for a company and underpin its long term earning potential. Having a clear map of and ongoing dialogue with the people that underpin your future earnings is therefore just common sense.A stakeholder can be regarded as significant if they satisfy one or more fo the following criteria.They supply business critical resources they place something of value (e.g. capital, career, own welfare) at risk in relation to the performance of your business
they have sufficient power to have a positive or negative effect on business performance. Common stakeholders are: employees, employees families, shareholders, customers, consumers, media, public, lobby groups, politicians, legislators, regulators, trade unions, investors, consumer groups, suppliers, business partners, trade associations, local communities.A dialogue is a reciprocal conversation between two or more entities,Face to face meeting - individual,Face to Interactive web face meeting group, Email, Telephone, Letter, Publication / papersites, interactive web sites. Stage of dialogue Number of participants Resources available to particpants,Cultural preferences,Participants expressed preferences
Particpant geographical distribution and Time frame.A meaningful interaction between two or more entities,Determine the material issues, Establish the engagement objectives and scope,Develop the engagement strategy, Generate time table,Engage ,Process feedback and generate consequential actions ,Communicate action plan to stakeholders ,Review engagement process effectiveness. Now you ask how this relates to construction, err I dunno!

Now I hope makes things clearer, or does it.
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Rackman Wrote:Oh this is a child's play, let me expain

A key concept of sustainable business practice is transparency to stakeholders, which by definition requires an understanding of who they are and how to communicate effectively with them. Much of current best practice relates to stakeholder understanding and engagement from strategy to reporting.On a more basic level, it is the relationships and interactions between stakeholders such as customers, consumers, employees, suppliers and investors that create value for a company and underpin its long term earning potential. Having a clear map of and ongoing dialogue with the people that underpin your future earnings is therefore just common sense.A stakeholder can be regarded as significant if they satisfy one or more fo the following criteria.They supply business critical resources they place something of value (e.g. capital, career, own welfare) at risk in relation to the performance of your business
they have sufficient power to have a positive or negative effect on business performance. Common stakeholders are: employees, employees families, shareholders, customers, consumers, media, public, lobby groups, politicians, legislators, regulators, trade unions, investors, consumer groups, suppliers, business partners, trade associations, local communities.A dialogue is a reciprocal conversation between two or more entities,Face to face meeting - individual,Face to Interactive web face meeting group, Email, Telephone, Letter, Publication / papersites, interactive web sites. Stage of dialogue Number of participants Resources available to particpants,Cultural preferences,Participants expressed preferences
Particpant geographical distribution and Time frame.A meaningful interaction between two or more entities,Determine the material issues, Establish the engagement objectives and scope,Develop the engagement strategy, Generate time table,Engage ,Process feedback and generate consequential actions ,Communicate action plan to stakeholders ,Review engagement process effectiveness. Now you ask how this relates to construction, err I dunno!

Now I hope makes things clearer, or does it.

WOW thats way above my head i am afraid, it seems so confusing.Why!
07-12-2008, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2008 08:42 AM by D.H.A..)
Hmmmm I think it means you talk to your clients

Why is it called that name now ... simple..........

To hold Meeting £20 / hr
To ensure stakeholder Mapping and engagement £220 / hr

same reason I am a "consultant" or "expert witness" and not the guy that knows something about the subject
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2008, 06:39 PM
DHA Ltd Wrote:Hmmmm I think it means you talk to your clients

Why is it called that name now ... simple..........

To hold Meeting £20 / hr
To ensure stakeholder Mapping and engagement £220 / hr

same reason I am a "consultant" or "expert witness" and not the guy that knows something about the subject

Brilliant bit of stakeholder mapping engagement and dialogue from you then DHA Ltd
06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeholder_analysis
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Andrew Wrote:see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeholder_analysis

Thanks, Andrew. (sarcasm being the lowest form...)

I can't believe that I followed this link. Curiosity etc etc...

I also can't believe that, having followed the link, I read the content. Twice.

I further can't believe that, having read it twice, I now wonder why my head hurts...

Take me out...I'm cooked!!!
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
princess03 Wrote:I think, you are right by saying that a key concept of sustainable business practice is transparency to stakeholders, which by definition requires an understanding of who they are and how to communicate effectively with them. Much of current best practice relates to stakeholder understanding and engagement from strategy to reporting.

What's a stakeholder? Is it like a Beefeater? Do you find them at the Tower of London? Or is it a chain of Restaurants?